Subscribe Us

Responsive Advertisement

Teacher Day - When We Commemorate Teachers' Hard Work


A long time ago, I had this thought "Being a teacher is easy. Teacher learns one subject, then teaches it to the students, gives much homework, gives scores. We, the students, have to learn so many subjects. We have homework, exams, exercises, and many more. It is nice to be a teacher."

Years later, I realised how evil I was for having such a thought.

After I graduated from my Senior High School, my parents asked me to be a teacher. I said, "Yeah, okay." During my university day, I began to realize that being teacher was very difficult. There were many things that a teacher should prepare. I didn't expect that. I began to know about the syllabus, lesson plan, media, and all administration a teacher must complete. I was like "Wow, I didn't know it exists."

Since then I change the way I think. The "never judge a book by its cover" phrase is close enough, but the more accurate one is "Those who look calm in front of you, usually hid a storm behind them." At least, that was what influenced the way I think now. This thought leads me to always find out what is happening behind someone's back or the struggle someone has to face before I judge someone. Just because someone looks so calm, easy going, overly polite doesn't mean that he or she has a smooth life.

Just because the teacher in front of me looks so calm, in charge and powerful, not to mention he or she demands a lot from us, it doesn't mean that she or he has an easy life. There is a struggle that students cannot comprehend. There is a moral responsibility the teachers carry that people do not understand UNLESS they are teachers themselves.

Teachers' burden is not like any other profession. People's expectation of a teacher is in a much higher stake than other jobs. That's because teachers' job, their main job is having to do with students' morality, not only their cognitive competence. That's why teachers' job description is way beyond any other jobs.

In addition, teachers have to wait years to reap the result of their job. The result of their hard work is shown when their students finally reach their dreams or become influential people in society. This, of course, takes years. Because of this long wait, there is a fear in teachers which is the fear of failure in helping their students reach their dreams. It is a fear that one day, the knowledge that they have given cannot help them in the future. It is a very noble fear, in my opinion. I highly respect this kind of fear.

That's why a teacher is a noble profession. It is not about money. It is not about a social status. It is about helping others reach their dream. It is about creating a better generation for a better future.

Happy Teacher Day

Post a Comment

0 Comments